What is Skate PE?
Skate PE was formed through a partnership between Skate IA, the premiere association for In-Line and Roller skating instructors in North America (200+ instructor members) and Alien In-Line, the largest professionally organized & run skate school in North America (100,000+ students taught annually/325+ schools).
Mission: Skate PE serves its members to enhance, educate and promote professional, safe, educational and fun in school skate programming as an alternative physical education activity for K-12 students. Through such programming, youth attain necessary skills to engage in various skating disciplines and pursuits for a lifetime of enjoyment.
Objectives: Skate PE provides the following to members:
- Educational materials and training and seminars that expand and develop the very best practices for in school skate programming
- Member accreditation, certification and affiliation for member skate schools to establish their professional credentials & training
- Use of SkatePE logos
- A listing on our website as a Member In Good Standing
- Promote safe skating and established checks and balances that ensure participant safety and protection in the classroom
- Preferred rates (deep discounts) for major manufacturer (Rollerblade, K2 & SEBA) skates & gear
- Opportunities to build industry relationships for member skate schools
- Share effective marketing, promotion and sales approaches to assist member skate schools with breaking down barriers to entry with this unique approach to skating sport education
- Education and information on successful business and operations practices
- Photos and video to assist marketing
- Documents to streamline your process including:
- Letters to parents explaining the SkatePE program
- Scheduling forms for schools to fill out
- Template contracts & liability waivers
- Business plan to get you clear on your vision for SkatePE (including audience, locations, ages)
- Checklist for what the school and PE teacher can expect on day one and more that will save you hours and money in creating.
*Some items may be opportunities to attend events and options for specialized modules and may incur extra costs.